ALLERZINE 5MG contain Levocetirizine which belongs to a group of medicine called antihistamines. It is used for the relief of symptoms of hay fever and other allergic conditions such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose or for skin rashes such as chronic nettle rash, idiopathic urticaria in adult and children over 6 years of age. It works by blocking the effects of histamine, which may be overproduced in allergic reactions which causes unpleasant symptoms such as itchy or watery eyes, running or blocked nose, sneezing and skin rashes.
Always take ALLERZINE 5MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. This medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children aged less than 6 years. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine. The common side effects are somnolence (sleepiness), dizziness, headache, diarrhoea, nausea, dry mouth, fatigue, pharyngitis, cold-like symptoms of the nose (children only).
USES OF ALLERZINE 5MG
- Relieve the symptoms of hay fever and other allergic conditions such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose or for skin rashes such as chronic nettle rash, idiopathic urticaria
HOW ALLERZINE 5MG WORKS
ALLERZINE 5MG works by blocking the effects of histamine, which may be overproduced in allergic reactions which causes unpleasant symptoms such as itchy or watery eyes, running or blocked nose, sneezing and skin rashes.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take ALLERZINE 5MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Try to take this medicine at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ALLERZINE 5MG
- Allergic reactions (including sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing, rash itchiness and fever), swollen throat, face, eyelids or lips(angioedema)
- Convulsions (fits)
- Thoughts about committing suicide
- Bruising or bleeding more easily than normal
- Somnolence (sleepiness)
- Dizziness, headache
- Diarrhoea, nausea, dry mouth
- Pharyngitis, cold-like symptoms of the nose (children only)
- Depression, hallucination (hearing or seeing thing), aggression, confusion, sleeplessness
- Abnormal liver function test results
- Urticaria (hives)
- Oedema (generalised swelling due to water retention)
- Weight increased
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Drink lot of fluid such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines without talking to a doctor.
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
ALLERZINE 5MG is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
ALLERZINE 5MG is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine, since it may cause drowsiness.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with ALLERZINE 5MG.
ALLERZINE 5MG is not recommended in patients with active kidney diseases. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor. Consult your doctor for advice.
ALLERZINE 5MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take ALLERZINE 5MG if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine or any other ingredients in this medicine.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Problems passing urine (such as spinal cord problems or prostate or bladder problems)
- An epileptic patient or a patient at risk of convulsion
- Scheduled for allergy testing
- Rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you use, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, and herbal supplements.
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.