Hyrax 10mg contains Hydroxyzine which belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. It helps in relieving of anxiety and tension, managing pruritus due to chronic urticaria and atopic and contact dermatoses and in histamine-mediated pruritus.
Hydroxyzine has sedative and anxiolytic effects due to its high affinity for histaminic receptors in the brain. Due to antihistaminic and sedative property, it is also useful in pruritus and urticaria. Hyrax 10mg blocks the action of histamine in the body which is responsible for allergic symptoms and also decreasing the activity in brain and helps in relieving of anxiety and tension.
Always take this Hyrax 10mg exactly as directed by your doctor. Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have liver, kidney or heart problems, pregnant and breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe the right dose depends on your child’s age and body weight. The common side effects are dry mouth, dizziness, constipation and headache.
USES OF HYRAX 10MG
- Symptomatic relief in atopic pruritus
- Management of anxiety (in adults)
HOW HYRAX 10MG WORKS
Hyrax 10mg is in a class of medications called antihistamines. It blocks the action of histamine in the body which is responsible for allergic symptoms and also decreasing the activity in brain and helps in relieving of anxiety and tension.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take this Hyrax 10mg exactly as your doctor has told you. Swallow this medicine as a whole and do not crush or chew. It can be taken with or without food.
SIDE EFFECTS OF HYRAX 10MG
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
- Difficulty in swallowing and breathing and hives
- Blistering of the skin
- Tremor (shakiness) or convulsions (fits)
- Dry mouth
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Rest and drink plenty of fluids. Apply a cold, wet cloth or ice pack to your forehead. Rest in a quiet, comfortable, dark room.
Chew sugar-free gum or suck on sugar-free hard candies to stimulate the flow of saliva and limit your caffeine intake. Drink small sips of water regularly.
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Add fruits, vegetables whole grains and other high-fiber foods to your normal diet.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
Hyrax 10mg is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Hyrax 10mg is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or handle any machines while taking this medicine, since it may cause drowsiness or less alertness.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with Hyrax 10mg .
Hyrax 10mg should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Hyrax 10mg should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Hydroxyzine.
Hyrax 10mg should be used with caution in patients suffering from active heart diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Inform your doctor if you have or had,
- Are an asthmatic who has suffered a bad reaction to an antihistamine in the past
- Porphyria (a disease which causes stomach pain, constipation, changes in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbed behaviour)
- Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- Difficulty passing urine (enlarged prostate)
- Digestive system or stomach problems
- Myasthenia gravis (a muscle weakness disorder)
- Seizure disorders
- Breathing problems
- Bladder outflow obstruction
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
Inform your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription or the following,
- Adrenaline or epinephrine
- Barbiturates, benzodiazepines (for sleeping disorders and epilepsy)
- Cimetidine (for ulcers and heartburn)
- Anti-emetics (drugs effective against vomiting and nausea)
- Betahistine (used to treat Ménière’s disease)
- Muscle relaxants
- Opioids (used to relieve severe pain)
- Anticholinergic medicines (used for irritable, bowel syndrome, asthma or incontinence)
- Aminophylline (for breathing problems)
- Benzylpenicillin salts and chloramphenicol sodium succinate
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride (used for cancer)
- Isocarboxazid or moclobemide, amitriptyline (used for depression)
- Medicines to treat anxiety, psychosis
- Edrophonium and neostigmine
- Antiepileptic medicines
- Other antihistamines
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
FAQ’s ABOUT HYRAX 10MG
Q: Does Hyrax 10mg make you sleepy?
A: This medicine blocks the effects of histamine in your body, which makes you sleepy.
Q: How fast does Hyrax 10mg work for sleep?
A: It has its maximal effect about 30 to 60 minutes after it is taken and lasts for 4 to 6 hours.
Q: Is Hyrax 10mg bad for your heart?
A: It has a potential to block hERG channels and other types of cardiac channels, resulting in a potential risk of QT interval prolongation and cardiac arrhythmia events. Consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
There are no reviews yet.