INTRODUCTION OF IVABID OD
IVABID OD 10mg contain Ivabradine which belongs to a group of medicine called hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel blockers. IVABID OD 10MG is used to treat Symptomatic stable angina pectoris and chronic heart failure. Stable angina is a heart disease occurs when there is lack of oxygen supply to the heart. IVABID OD 10MG usually occurs in people between 40 and 50 years of age and is more likely to happen when the heart beats faster in situations such as exercise, emotion, exposure to the cold or after eating which increases heart rate and can cause chest pain.
Chronic heart failure is a heart disease which happens when your heart cannot pump enough blood to the rest of your body. The most common symptoms of heart failure are breathlessness, fatigue, tiredness, and ankle swelling. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor if you have any kidney or liver problems. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years.
USES OF IVABID OD
- Treat symptomatic stable angina pectoris
- Treat chronic heart failure
HOW IVABID OD 10MG WORKS
IVABID OD 10MG works by reducing the heart rate by a few beats per minute. This lowers the heart need for oxygen especially in the situations when an angina attack is more likely to happen. In this way this medicine helps to control and reduce the number of angina attacks. This specific heart rate lowering action of this medicine also helps to improve heart functioning and vital prognosis in patients with chronic heart failure.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take IVABID OD 10MG according to the dose and frequency as instructed by your doctor. This medicine must be taken with food. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF IVABID OD 10MG
- Swollen face, tongue, or throat
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- Luminous visual phenomena (transiently enhanced brightness in a limited area of the visual field)
- Irregular rapid contraction of the heart
- Abnormal perception of heartbeat
- Uncontrolled blood pressure, Headache, dizziness, blurred vision
- Skin reddening
- Feeling unwell
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Lying down and closing the eyes. drink plenty of water and keep hydrated. Take plenty of sleep.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
IVABID OD 10mg is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
IVABID OD 10mg is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any machine while taking this medicine as it may cause temporary luminous visual phenomena.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with IVABID OD 10mg.
IVABID OD 10mg should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
IVABID OD 10mg is not recommended in patients with active liver diseases. Before taking, discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Do not take IVABID OD 10mg if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ivabradine or any other ingredients in this medicine.
IVABID OD 10 is not recommended in patients with active heart diseases. Before taking, discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Talk to your doctor, if you are taking,
- Quinidine, disopyramide, sotalol, ibutilide, amiodarone (used to treat heart rhythm disorders)
- Other medicines to treat angina pectoris
- Pimozide, ziprasidone, sertindole (used to treat anxiety and schizophrenia)
- Mefloquine or halofantrine (used to treat malaria)
- Pentamidine (used to treat parasitic disease)
- Cisapride (against the gastro-oesophageal reflux)
- Intravenous erythromycin, rifampicin (used to treat infection)
- Fluconazole (used to treat fungal disease)
- Barbiturates, phenytoin (used to treat difficult sleeping or epilepsy)
- Hypericum perforatum or St John’s Wort (used to treat depression)
- Furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide (used to treat oedema and high blood pressure)
Store at room temperature and keep out of reach of children.
FAQs ABOUT IVABID OD 10MG
Q: Is IVABID OD 10mg a beta-blocker?
A: No, it is not a beta-blocker. It lowers the heart rate by selectively blocking the sodium channel present in heart pacemaker cells responsible for the increase in the heart rate.
Q: Can I take IVABID OD 10mg during kidney disease?
A: It should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases.
Q: Does IVABID OD 10mg affect vision?
A: It may cause temporary brightness in the field of vision (luminous visual phenomena). This usually disappears with continuous use of this medicine. If this happens to you, be careful when driving or using machine at time when there could be sudden changes in light intensity especially when driving at night.
There are no reviews yet.