ABOUT MESACOL OD TABLET
The Mesacol Od tablet consists of an active ingredient known as Mesalazine. The Mesacol Od tablets are used for the treatment of ulcerative colitis, a condition where that causes ulcers in the linings of the large intestine. It reduces the symptoms by reducing the inflammation in the bowel and stops it from reoccurring.
The Mesacol Od tablet is prescribed for the treatment of ulcerative colitis where inflammation, irritation, and ulcers occur in the lining of your large intestine.
HOW IT WORKS
The main active ingredient of the Mesacol Od tablet is Mesalazine which acts by preventing or blocking the enzymes that cause inflammation and irritation in the digestive tract and stops it from occurring again.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Swallow the Mesacol Od tablet with a full or half glass of water. Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet. For optimal results, take the medication at a fixed time.
The Mesacol Od tablet is a prescription-based medication. It is recommended to take the medication as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor or physician.
If you miss out on the dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double up the dose of the medication if the time for your next dose is approaching.
It is recommended to take the tablet as per the duration prescribed by your doctor or physician. If you suspect an overdose of the medication, seek immediate medical attention as it might lead to severe side effects on your health.
Store the in a cool and dry place secured from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Keep it away from children and pets. It is advisable to not use damaged or expired medicines.
The most common side effects are:
- Stomach Pain
- Chest Pain
- Numbness or tingling sensation
- The medicine might not be safe to use for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before taking the medication.
- Inform your doctor, if you have or had any problem related to the kidney, liver, or heart before taking the medicine.
- Your doctor might check the condition of your kidney and liver before prescribing the medication and regularly thereafter.
- It is advised to not consume alcohol or any alcoholic beverage if you are taking the Mesacol Od tablets. Consult your doctor before its consumption.
- It is not recommended for individuals who have any type of blood disorder.
- It is not prescribed for children who are below 6 years of age.
Can I stop taking the Mesacol Od tablet if the symptoms improve?
It is recommended to continue the medication till the prescribed duration as prescribed by your doctor.
Does the Mesacol Od tablet cause joint pain?
Yes, the medication might cause joint pain as a side effect. Consult your doctor if the pain persists.
What is the best time to take the Mesacol Od tablet?
It is advisable to take the medication at a particular time and as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.