INTRODUCTION OF NIKORAN 10MG
Nikoran 10mg contains Nicorandil which belongs to a group of medicines called ?potassium channel activators?
WHAT NIKORAN 10MG IS USED FOR?
- Nikoran 10mg is used to prevent or reduce painful signs (angina pectoris) of your heart disease and is used in adults who cannot take heart medicines called beta-blockers or calcium antagonists?
- Nikoran 10mg works by increasing the blood flow through the blood vessels of the heart.
- Nikoran 10mg improves the blood and oxygen supply of your heart muscle and reduces its workload.
TALK TO DOCTOR
- Are allergic to nicorandil or any other of its ingredients
- Have severe low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Have heart problems such as cardiogenic shock or left ventricular failure or heart failure
- Have low blood volume
- Have a build-up of fluid in the lungs (pulmonary oedema)
- Suffer from red, itchy, swollen or watery eyes
- Suffer from ulcers in your mouth, stomach, guts (small and large) or back passage. These
- may cause blood in your stools or vomit, a fistula
- Have low blood potassium levels
- Have kidney problems
- Have a genetic condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
NICORANDIL WITH ALCOHOL
If you drink alcohol while being treated with Nikoran 10mg, your blood pressure may become even lower
PREGNANCY & BREAST FEEDING
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking Nikoran 10mg
CHILDREN & ADOLOLESCENTS
Nikoran 10mg is not recommended for use in children
DRIVING & USING MACHINE
Nikoran 10mg may make you feel dizzy or weak. If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machine
- Such as sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil for erectile dysfunction
- Riociguat to treat pulmonary hypertension
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure
- Medicines that increase blood potassium levels
- Dapoxetine – a medicine used to treat premature ejaculation
- Medicines for inflammation such as ibuprofen
- Medicines for depression
- Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid)
DIRECTIONS & FOR USE
- Always take Nikoran 10mg exactly as your doctor has told you The recommended dose is Nikoran 10mg , twice a day In case you get headaches, your doctor may give you a lower dose of 5mg, twice a day for the first 2 to 7 days Your doctor may increase your dose up to 20mg, twice a day. This will depend on your needs, response and tolerance to treatment
- If you take more Nikoran 10mg than you should or a child swallows any of the tablets, talk to a doctor or go to hospital straight away If you forget to take Nikoran 10mg.
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose
If you stop taking Nikoran 10mg
- Do not stop taking this medicine before consulting your doctor
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children
- Store in a refrigerator at 2-8C