Oxitan 100mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Oxaliplatin. It is prescribed to treat stage 3 colon cancer and colorectal cancer, along with other chemotherapy treatments. Colorectal cancer develops from the accumulation of various genetic alterations. Both environmental and genetic factors play a significant role in the origin of colorectal cancer. This medicine works against tumors that are resistant to cisplatin therapy.
Uses of Oxitan 100mg Injection:
Oxitan 100mg Injection is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Cancer in the large bowel
- Stage 3 colon cancer after complete resection of the primary tumor
- Metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Stomach and pancreas cancer
How Oxitan 100mg Injection works:
Oxitan 100mg Injection interferes with the growth of cancer cells, slows their growth and spread in the body. It binds to the DNA and affects its transduction pathway. This interaction produces lesions in DNA and crosslinking takes place. Crosslinking causes errors in DNA replication modifies its structure, hinders its synthesis and thus, arrests the development of tumour cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at a temperature below 30°C. Protect from light.
How to use Oxitan 100mg Injection:
Your physician will prescribe a dose according to your body surface area.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Breastfeeding during this treatment may not be safe. Your physician might suggest you stop breastfeeding for some time, depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will prescribe accordingly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will prescribe accordingly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience side effects like dizziness, nausea or vomiting.
- Inform your physician if you have heart problems or a family history of heart disorders.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Oxaliplatin or its ingredients.
- Talk to your physician if you are about to receive any vaccine.
- Use an effective method of contraception while on this treatment.
- Your physician will check your blood count to ensure you have sufficient blood cells before starting this treatment.
Other Dosages of Oxitan
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Abnormal bleeding or bruising
- Severe allergic reactions
- Continuous diarrhea and vomiting
- Sore throat and fever
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Mouth ulcers
- Extreme tiredness and breathlessness
- Altered mental function
- Blurred vision