Description of the drug:
Valcivir 1000 mg drug is an antiviral drug and contains Valacyclovir as the main active ingredient. It belongs to a category of nucleoside analogues and works by mimicking the building blocks of DNA. Valacyclovir has a potential to fight against many viruses like herpes, shingles, chickenpox and many more. It acts as a pro drug and gets converted into acyclovir inside the body.
Indications and Usage:
Valacyclovir is prescribed for the treatment of Herpes simplex virus, genital herpes simplex virus, herpes zoster virus, and Varicella zoster virus infections. This drug is also used for the prevention of cytomegalovirus whose chance to attack is maximum if the patient has undergone organ transplantation. This drug is mainly very efficient to prevent the prophylaxis against the herpes virus attack.
Dosage and Administration:
The recommended dosage of this drug for adults is 1000 mg tablet once every day. This drug can be consumed either without food or after having proper meals. The dose should be adjusted as per the response of the patient towards the drug under the supervision of your doctor. Report your doctor after a regular time interval of 3 to 4 weeks.
-Mode of administration:
Valacyclovir is available in the form of a tablet and this makes it easier to be consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Completely swallow this medicine with water. Do not chew it.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Valacyclovir is available in the form of a tablet and applies to the following strengths:
- Valcivir – 500 mg
- Valcivir – 1000 mg
You can buy Valcivir 1000 mg online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
The following drugs have been reported to contraindicate the medicine Valacyclovir:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Hypersensitive reactions
Warnings and Precautions:
- You should always consult your doctor within a time span of 1 month if you are prescribed with high dosage ofValacyclovir. Several cases of renal problems have been reported in patients who were consuming high dosage of this drug as per their health conditions
- You should avoid driving immediately after taking this medication. It may cause slight dizziness or confusion
- You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Valacyclovir has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Valacyclovir tablets along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- When you Valcivir 1000 mg online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, make sure to keep a note of all the instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Valacyclovir is known to have some side effects. Some of which are listed here:
- Chest pain
- Hot flashes
- Abdominal problems
- Weight gain
- Urogenital tract problems
- Irregular periods
Following drugs are known to interact with the working of Valacyclovir:
- Drugs for bowel disorder
- Drugs to prevent organ transplant rejection
- Many antiviral medication
- Injected Antibodies
- Pain killers
- Drugs for arthritis like Aleve, Advil, Aspirin, and Tylenol
Valacyclovir is the main active ingredient present in the drug Valcivir 1000 mg. This drug acts as a pro drug and ultimately gets converted into acyclovir which is an esterified version of Valacyclovir. Acyclovir has higher oral bioavailability and is acted upon by the enzyme esterases. Esterases enzyme also converts Acyclovir into one of the amino acid valine by a process of hepatic metabolism. Further processing of Acyclovir converts it into a monophosphate with the help of thymidine kinase. This kinase phosphorylates Acyclovir. Cellular kinases then convert this monophosphate into triphosphate form. This triphosphate is very efficient in blocking viral DNA polymerase leading to chain termination.
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pet
- Store at room temperature
- Keep the drug away from heat and moisture
Valcivir 1000mg is manufactured by one of the leading multinational pharmaceutical Indian company, Cipla. This Indian based company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses innovative technologies for various drug discovery programmes.