What is the Sirdalud 2mg for?
Sirdalud 2mg, also known by trade names such as Zanaflex and Sirdalud among others, is classified as a short-acting muscle relaxer. It falls under the category of pain relief drugs as it works by blocking nerve impulses, specifically pain sensations, that are transmitted to the brain.
Use of the medicine?
Sirdalud 2mg is used in the treatment of muscle spasticity, a condition characterized by continuous contraction of specific muscles, leading to stiffness or tightness.
Sirdalud 2mg Tablet is a muscle relaxant that operates on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to alleviate muscle stiffness or spasms without diminishing strength. This action leads to an improvement in both pain and muscle movement.
Dosage of Sirdalud 2mg Tablet
Take Sirdalud 2mg Tablet as directed by your doctor, following the prescribed dose and duration.
Don’t take any dose if you missed one. If you are about to take another dose, skip the one you missed. Don’t take two doses to catch up for whatever you missed.
If you think you may have overdosed, call your doctor right away or seek emergency medical attention.
How to use it?
Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet; instead, swallow it whole. It can be taken with or without food, but it’s advisable to take it at the same time daily for optimal results.
Side Effects of Sirdalud 2mg Tablet
Some commonly reported side effects of this medicine include dry mouth, sleepiness, tiredness, and dizziness.
Taking Sirdalud 2mg with certain medicines like Balofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, Citalopram, and Dapoxetine can alter their effects and lead to undesirable side effects. This interaction can be life-threatening and should be avoided. Always consult your doctor before combining Sirdalud with any other medication.
Here are some substitute brands for Sirdalud 2mg Tablet:
- Tizan 2 Tablet by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Tizpa 2mg Tablet by Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd
- Ginox Tablet by Gold Line
- Tidired 2mg Tablet by Redson Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Tizakind 2mg Tablet by Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd
- Myodine 2mg Tablet by Bangalore Antibiotics & Biologicals Pvt Ltd
- Zanid 2mg Tablet by Aamorb Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Tizafit 2mg Tablet by Cleveland Pharmaceuticals India Private Limited
- Tizafree 2 Tablet by WellWorth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
- Tizarin 2mg Tablet by Rhine Biogenics Pvt Ltd
- Trinex Tablet by HAB Pharma
- Contiz 2mg Tablet by Concertina Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Tizamed 2mg Tablet by Meditek India
- Tizonec 2mg Tablet by Raddison Health Care Pvt Ltd.
Pregnancy : Unless necessary, this medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women. It is crucial to discuss all the risks and benefits with a doctor before taking this medicine.
Breastfeeding: Unless absolutely necessary, this medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women. If used, close monitoring of the infant for any adverse effects is essential, and the doctor may consider prescribing a safer alternative based on the clinical condition.
1. Are there asprin or sulfa in the Sirdalud 2 mg tablet?
There is no aspirin or sulfa in the Sirdalud 2 mg Tablet.
2. Can you lose weight or have insomnia after taking a Sirdalud 2mg tablet?
If you utilize a Sirdalud 2mg, you can lose weight or develop insomnia. Very few people might be overly sleepy. See your physician if you encounter any of these adverse effects.
3. Is there gluten in Sirdalud 2 mg tablets?
There is no gluten in the Sirdalud 2 mg tablet. But before using, please consult the recommended brand’s package.
Short details about manufacturer
Novartis India Ltd is a subsidiary of the global healthcare company Novartis, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. It is a leading innovative medicines company, working to improve and extend people’s lives. Novartis India is involved in discovering, developing, and delivering breakthrough treatments, reaching millions of patients worldwide.