About Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s
Aim7 30 XR Tablet 15’s is a combination of three antidiabetic medicines, namely: Gliclazide, Metformin and pioglitazone. Type 2 diabetes is a chronic or lifelong condition that affects the way your body processes glucose. People with type 2 diabetes either do not produce enough insulin or if at all the insulin is produced, it is unable to perform its function in the body (insulin resistance). Due to this, the blood glucose level increases and symptoms such as frequent urination, increased thirst and increased hunger start. It can lead to serious complications like skin infection, eye problems (retinopathy), nerve damage (neuropathy), diabetic foot (foot ulcer), kidney disease (nephropathy), high blood pressure, and even stroke.
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s is a combination of three medicines namely Gliclazide, metformin and pioglitazone. Gliclazide is a ‘sulfonylurea’, acts by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. On the other hand, Metformin, which is a ‘biguanide’, acts by lowering the glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from the intestines and increasing the body’s response to insulin. Pioglitazone works by decreasing the amount of glucose released by the liver and improving the sensitivity of tissues of muscles and fats towards insulin effects.
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s is available in oral tablet dosage form. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. You may experience side-effects of such as nausea, taste change, weight gain, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach ache, a respiratory infection. Some patients may experience a decline in blood sugar levels lower than normal (hypoglycemia) resulting in sweating, dizziness, headache, confusion, feeling hungry, temporary changes in vision, uneasiness, irritability, and weakness. In such cases, seek medical attention immediately.Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach. Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should be taken at the same time of the day each time for the best results. For better advise, your doctor will decide what dose should be taken and it can change timely depending upon your condition.
You should not take Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s if you have diabetic ketoacidosis (excess acids in your blood). Do not take Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s if you are allergic to any of its contents. Before taking Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s, inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines that include prescription or non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, or herbal products.Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should not be stopped even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor as sugar level keeps changing. If you stop taking Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s abruptly, it may increase your sugar levels which could further increase the risk of eyesight loss (retinopathy), kidney (nephropathy) and nerve damage (neuropathy). Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should not be taken if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus, severe kidney or liver disease. Please inform your doctor if you have any heart disease, is or are planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding. Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s may cause ‘lactic acidosis’ (accumulation of lactic acid in the blood), which requires immediate medical attention. Do not consume alcohol (risk of lactic acidosis) or fast for prolonged periods (risk of hypoglycemia).
Uses of Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s contains three medicines, namely: Gliclazide, Metformin, and Pioglitazone. Gliclazide increases the production of insulin by acting on the pancreas. Metformin acts by decreasing liver glucose production and intestinal glucose uptake. Pioglitazone works by decreasing the amount of glucose released by the liver and improving the sensitivity of tissues of muscles and fats towards insulin effects. Together Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s decreases the elevated blood sugar level after the meal along with the recommended diet and exercise. Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s also helps to prevent serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage (diabetic nephropathy), blindness (diabetic retinopathy), loss of sensation in your hands and feet (diabetic neuropathy) or even loss of the foot. Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s also helps to reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke. Being a combination of two drugs, it reduces the need to take multiple pills and hence makes it easier to remember to take the drugs.
Directions for Use
Side Effects of Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s
- Taste change
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (falling sick)
- Stomach ache
- Respiratory infection
- Weight gain
- bone fracture
- Vision problems
In-Depth Precautions and Warning
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s may cause ‘lactic acidosis’ (buildup of lactic acid in the blood), characterized by abdominal pain, muscle cramps, vomiting, severe fatigue, and difficulty breathing. It is a life-threatening condition that requires immediate medical attention. Inform your doctor if you have any severe liver or kidney problems as their normal functioning is required to eliminate excess lactic acid from the body. Do not consume excess alcohol as it increases the risk of lactic acidosis. It should be used with caution in patients with heart diseases as it increases the risk of heart failure.
Drug-drug interactions: Do not take the antifungal drug (miconazole and fluconazole) or iodine contrast agents (used for X-ray or scan) while using Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s. Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s may interact with medications used to treat high blood pressure like (ritodrine, salbutamol, and bosentan), bile acid sequestrants (lower cholesterol levels), drugs used to treat skin inflammation such as corticosteroids, pain killer (phenylbutazone), a medication used to treat mental illness (chlorpromazine), a medication used to reduce urine production (desmopressin), a medication used to treat endometriosis (danazol), antidiabetics (gemfibrozil), and antibiotics (rifampicin).
Drug-food interactions: Taking Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s with alcoholic beverages may increase the risk of a rare but serious and potentially life-threatening condition known as lactic acidosis (build-up of lactic acid in the blood) and hypoglycemia.
Drug-disease interactions: Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should be avoided in patients with congestive heart failure (heart-related issues), type I diabetes, liver diseases, kidney diseases, hormonal problems, and infectious illnesses and oedema.
Alcohol may increase the risk of side-effects and worsen the condition.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s is a category C drug and may cause harmful effects to the unborn baby. So, it is used only when the benefits of this medicine outweigh the risks.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should not be used in breastfeeding mothers as it may get secreted in the breast milk and cause unwanted effects in the nursing babies.
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s may cause vision problems. So, do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you have any problems with your vision while using Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s.
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should be taken with caution especially if you have a history of liver diseases/conditions. The dose may have to be adjusted by your doctor.
Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s should be taken with caution in patients with kidney diseases. The dose may have to be adjusted by your doctor.
Diet & Lifestyle Advise
- Eat at regular intervals. Do not take the long gap between a meal or snack.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly especially when there are a lot of fluctuations.
- Invest at least 150 min of moderate-intensity physical activity and 15 minutes of high-intensity exercise every week.
- Lose weight gradually to achieve a healthy body mass index (18.5 to 24.9).
- Replace refined carbohydrates containing foods with whole grain foods and increase intake of fruits and veggies and other fibre-enriched foods.
- Reduce intake of saturated fat (or hidden fats) in food like chips, crisps, pastries, biscuits, and samosas. Choose omega 3 fatty acid-containing oils for daily cooking. For frying, you may use palm oil, mustard oil, groundnut oil, rice bran oil, and safflower oil.
- Do not take stress as it may elevate your blood sugar level. You may adopt stress management techniques like mindfulness, yoga, or meditation to control stress-related blood sugar changes.
- Opt for low-fat dairy products (low-fat yoghurt, fat-free milk, and cheese, etc.).
- Keep your blood pressure as normal (120/80) as possible. As it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases in diabetes patients.
- Aim7-30 XR Tablet 15’s shows optimum effects when you follow healthy lifestyle changes like weight loss, regular exercise, healthy diet, etc.
- Keep taking the drug even if you think your blood sugar levels are under control. If you miss a dose, do not take a larger dose, consult your doctor for advice.
- Take short frequent meals, avoid prolonged fasting when taking this drug. Beware of symptoms of hypoglycemia which include sweating, dizziness, palpitations, shivering, intense thirst, dry mouth, dry skin, frequent urination, etc. Whenever you experience the above-mentioned symptoms, immediately consume 5-6 candies or 3 glucose biscuits or 3 teaspoons of honey/sugar and also get in touch with your physician. Make sure to carry these with you at all times, especially for long travels.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on this drug as it increases the risk of hypoglycemia (decrease in blood sugar which might be fatal in some cases) and lactic acidosis (when the lactic acid increases in the body which impacts the functioning of various organs in the body).
- Try to quit smoking and reduce intake of carbohydrate-rich food like potato, rice, mangoes, bread, sugar, etc.