GLIZID 80MG contains Gliclazide which is one of a group of medicines called sulfonylureas that are used to lower the blood sugar level. Gliclazide are used to treat maturity onset diabetes in patients that is not controlled by diet alone. They are not for use in children or in patients with diabetes requiring insulin.
It is used to treat type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is an illness where the body does not make enough insulin, or the insulin that’s made does not work properly. This causes high blood sugar (hyperglycaemia). Your doctor will prescribe your dose depends on your condition and blood sugar levels. GLIZID 80MG may be taken with or without food. You should not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Before taking this medicine, consult your doctor for advice if you have liver, kidney, heart disease or any other medical condition. Do not drive or operate any machines while taking GLIZID 80MG if your blood sugar is too low or high. The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or discomfort, diarrhoea and constipation.
USES OF GLIZID 80MG
- Reduce the blood sugar level in type 2 diabetes
HOW GLIZID 80MG WORKS
Insulin is the hormone which controls the level of sugar in your blood. GLIZID 80MG works by increasing the amount of insulin produced by the pancreas.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take this medicine as your doctor has told you. Swallow the medicine whole with water. Do not chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF GLIZID 80MG
- Allergic reaction (skin rash, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, difficulty breathing or swallowing)
- Blistering or peeling of the skin (skin rash)
- Hepatitis or liver failure causing fatigue, weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss, fever, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Skin rashes or pale skin, redness, itching and hives
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Avoid hot showers or baths because hot water can irritate the skin. Moisturizers can be used regular basis to soothe and hydrate the affected area.
Eat fiber rich foods such as fresh fruit, vegetables and cereals, and drink plenty of water. Exercise more regularly.
Drink lots of fluids, such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines without speaking to a doctor.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
GLIZID 80MG is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
GLIZID 80MG is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any machines while taking GLIZID 80MG if your blood sugar is too low or high.
Do not drink alcohol while taking GLIZID 80MG as it can affect the control of your blood sugar.
This medicine should be taken with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Consult your doctor for advice.
This medicine should be taken with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take GLIZID 80MG if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Gliclazide or any other ingredients in this medicine.
GLIZID 80MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from active heart diseases. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor.
Tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription or the following:
- Insulin or any other anti-diabetic medicine
- Sulphonylureas e.g. glimepiride or glipizide used to treat diabetes
- Rifampicin antibiotic used to treat tuberculosis
- Carbamazepine, phenobarbital or phenytoin used to treat epilepsy
- Medicines which is used to prevent blood clotting (e.g. warfarin)
- Cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers)
- Clofibrate (used to treat high cholesterol in the blood)
- Disopyramide (for irregular heartbeats)
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
FAQs ABOUT GLIZID 80MG
How should I take GLIZID 80MG?
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. It can be taken with or without food.
Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with GLIZID 80MG due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
There are no reviews yet.