INTRODUCTION OF CISPLAT 50MG
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION contains Cisplatin which belongs to the group of medicine called Anticancer drugs. It is used to treat cancers of the testis, ovaries, bladder, head and neck, lungs and cervix. It is highly used in combination with radiotherapy to achieve better results.
Before receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems. You must also inform your doctor if you have hearing difficulties, low white blood count in your blood or recently received or planning to receive any vaccination in the upcoming days.
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION is not recommended for use in pregnant or breastfeeding women. Men and women receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION must use a suitable contraceptive method to avoid pregnancy while undergoing therapy with CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION.
The most common side effects of receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION are low RBC, WBC and platelet count in blood, mouth ulcers, pain and discomfort at the site of injection, irregular heartbeat, high temperature, nerve pain, low sperm count and hearing loss. Contact your doctor if any of these side effect worsens.
USES OF CISPLAT 50MG
It is used to treat:
- Testicular cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Lung cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Head and neck epithelial tumour
HOW CISPLAT 50MG WORKS?
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION is an anticancer medication. It works by damaging the DNA (genetic material) of the cancer cells. As a result, it reduces abnormal growth and multiplication of cancer cells in the body.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION will be given to you only by a doctor or a nurse into a vein (as an intravenous infusion).
Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration of therapy for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
SIDE EFFECTS OF CISPLAT 50MG
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF CISPLAT 50MG
- Decrease in bone marrow function
- Low WBC, RBC and platelet count in blood causing more infections, tiredness, weakness, paleness, bleeding or bruising
- Low sodium levels in blood
- High temperature
- Fast, irregular or slow heart beats
- Injections site reactions (pain and discomfort)
- Mouth ulcers
- Damage to the ear (ototoxicity)
- Nerve pain, tingling sensation of body parts
- Nausea, vomiting
UNCOMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF CISPLAT 50MG
- Low magnesium levels in the blood
- Low sperm production
RARE SIDE EFFECTS OF CISPLAT 50MG
- Seizures (fits)
- Headache, confusion and loss of vision
- Sudden shooting pain from the neck radiating through the back and into the legs while bending forward
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects after receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION:
- Signs of allergic reactions (such as skin rash, swelling of the face, lips, mouth, or throat which can lead to difficulty in breathing or swallowing)
- Signs of heart attack (such as severe chest pain, possibly radiating from the jaw or arm with sweating, breathlessness and nausea)
- Brain dysfunction (confusion, slurred speech, sometimes blindness, memory loss and paralysis)
- Sepsis (blood poisoning)
- Blood clot formation
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Avoid eating spicy foods. Drink plenty of water. Apply a pain-relieving gel on the affected areas of the mouth if required. Consult your doctor if the symptom did not improve.
Injection Site Reactions
Place an ice pack on the injected site. Do not move the affected area frequently. If the symptom worsens, consult your doctor.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION is not recommended for use in pregnant women as it may harm the unborn baby. Therefore, consult your doctor before receiving it. Women of childbearing potential must use a suitable contraceptive to avoid pregnancy while undergoing therapy with CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION and until 6 months after stopping the therapy. If you accidentally became pregnant while receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION, inform your doctor immediately.
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION is not recommended for use in women who are breastfeeding. Therefore, consult your doctor before receiving it.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
USE WITH CAUTION
Do not drive or operate any machines if your ability is affected by CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION.
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION is not recommended to use in patients with severe kidney problems. Therefore, consult your doctor before receiving it.
Talk to your doctor before receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION if you are allergic to Cisplatin or to any other platinum-based anticancer medicines (such as carboplatin, oxaliplatin).
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION is not recommended for use if you have:
- Hearing difficulties
- Reduced number of blood cells
- Are severely dehydrated
Inform your doctor, before receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION, if you:
- Recently received any vaccine or plan to receive any vaccines
- Have nerve damage or tingling and numbness in the fingers and/or toes
- Recently had radiation therapy for your head
A. Drug-Drug interactions:
Inform your physician, before receiving CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION, if you are taking any of the following medicines such as:
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections (such as cefixime, cefotaxime, streptomycin, gentamicin, clarithromycin)
- Amphotericin B (a medicine used to treat fungal infections)
- Loop diuretics (used to reduce edema and blood pressure) such as furosemide
- Other anti-cancer medicines such as ifosfamide, bleomycin, methotrexate and paclitaxel
- Oral anticoagulants (used for blood thinning) such as warfarin
- Medicines used to treat allergic symptoms (such as chlorpheniramine)
- Medicines used to treat fits (such as phenytoin)
- Live or attenuated vaccines (Ex. yellow fever vaccine)
CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION will be administered to you only by a doctor or a nurse in a hospital, and so it is unlikely to receive an overdose. However, consult your doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms.
- Keep CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION out of reach of children
- Store CISPLAT 50MG INJECTION below 25°C
There are no reviews yet.