Enclex 60mg contains Enoxaparin which belongs to a group of medicine called low molecular weight heparin or LMWH. It is used to prevent and treat blood clots. It works by stopping the existing blood clots from getting bigger. This medicine helps your body to break the clot and stops them from causing any harm to the body and also prevents new blood clots forming in your blood.
This medicine will be administered by a doctor or nurse. Your doctor will decide the dose and frequency depending on your condition. The most common side effects are bleeding, headache, high platelet counts in the blood, increase in liver enzymes. ENCLEX does not affect the ability to drive and operate machinery. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
- Prevent and treat blood clots
ENCLEX works by stopping the existing blood clots from getting bigger. This medicine helps your body to break the clot and stops them from causing any harm to the body and also prevents new blood clots forming in your blood.
ENCLEX will be administered by a doctor or nurse. This medicine usually given by injection underneath the skin (subcutaneous) and can be given by injection into your vein (intravenous) after certain types of heart attack or operations. Your doctor will decide the dose and frequency depending on your condition.
- Severe allergic reaction (such as rash, difficulty breathing or swallowing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, oral cavity, throat, or eyes)
- Cramping pain, redness, warmth, or swelling in one of your legs (deep vein thrombosis)
- Breathlessness, chest pain, fainting or coughing up blood (pulmonary embolism)
- Painful rash of dark red spot under the skin
- Increases in liver enzymes and platelet counts
- Pink patches on your skin
- Skin rash (hives, urticaria)
- Itchy red skin
- Bruising or pain at the site of injection
- Decreased red blood cell count
- Increased potassium in your blood
- Increase in the number of eosinophils in your blood
- Hair loss
- Tingling, numbness, and muscular weakness
- Loss of controls over your bladder or bowel
- Hard mass or lump at the site of injection
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
ENCLEX should be used with caution in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
ENCLEX should be used with caution in breast feeding women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
ENCLEX do not affect the ability to drive and operate machinery.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with ENCLEX.
ENCLEX should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
ENCLEX should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take ENCLEX if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Enoxaparin or any other ingredients in this medicine.
ENCLEX should be used with caution in patients suffering from active heart diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Tell your doctor, if you:
- Have had a reaction to heparin that caused severe drop in the number of your clotting cells (platelets) within the last 100 days
- Heavy bleeding or have a condition with a high risk of bleeding
- Have a history of gastric ulcer
- Have had a recent stroke
- Have high blood pressure
- Have diabetes or diabetic retinopathy
- Have had an operation recently on your eyes or brain
- Are elderly
- Are underweight or overweight
- Have high levels of potassium in your blood
- Have any problem with your spine or you have had spinal surgery
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Warfarin (used for thinning the blood)
- Aspirin or clopidogrel (used to stop blood clots from forming)
- Dextran injection (used as a blood replacer)
- Ibuprofen, diclofenac, ketorolac, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (used to treat pain and swelling in arthritis and other conditions)
- Prednisolone, dexamethasone (used to treat asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and other conditions)
- Potassium salts, water pills (increase potassium levels in your blood)
- Medicines for heart problems
|Pharmacological Category||:||Anticoagulant, Low Molecular Weight Heparin|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Blood clots|
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
Can ENCLEX be used in heart attack?
Yes, it is used in the treatment of chest pain and heart attack once the standard treatment has been provided to the patient. It is given along with another blood thinners like aspirin. Being a blood-thinning agent, it prevents the blood from clotting and prevents any further episodes and complications.
How to store ENCLEX injections?
Store this medicine at 25°C and do not freeze them. The multiple-dose vials should not be stored for more than 28 day after the first use. Discard the injection if you notice any particulate matter or abnormal colour in the solution or any damage in the syringe.
Can I take ENCLEX during liver disease?
It should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases.
There are no reviews yet.