About the drug:
Naltrexone HCl oral is a special narcotic medication that arrests the effects of other narcotic substances and alcohol. It is available under different trade names in different nations, one of which is Naltima (made by Intas Pharmaceuticals India).
Uses of the drug:
Naltrexone HCl is prescribed primarily for fighting drug or alcohol addiction in people who have been addicted to alcohol and narcotics but are not taking it at present. It may also be used for other treatments not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
The drug works by producing sensitivity to ethanol and brings the patient out of the stage of intoxication of the drug.
Naltima is manufactured by Intas Parmaceuticals. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Naltima 50 mg online, visit 24x7pharma.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
Naltima 50 mg
Buy Naltima 50 mg online at 24x7pharma.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to this active ingredient Naltraxone or any other ingredient of the drug.
- Are under 12 years of age, consult your doctor for the safety and efficacy.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have high blood pressure
- Have a history of epilepsy
- Have the condition of vertigo or very fast heart beat
- Have a diabetes history
- Have heart rhythm problems (arrhythmia)
How much to take the drug?
You should take Naltrexone HCl medication (Revia, Naltima) strictly as directed by your doctor. Do not change the dosage under any situation unless or otherwise advised by your doctor otherwise you may experience dangerous effects of this medication. Take this medication regularly as prescribed to get the maximum benefit.
How to take the drug?
If you are taking the tablets, then you can just swallow the tablets with a glass of water. Do not break or crush the tablet. Do not dissolve the tablets, take it as full. Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking the tablets or change the dose without consulting with your Doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information center for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
If you miss a dose of Naltraxone HCl, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be dangerous.
Side effects of the drug:
Get emergency medical attention if you witness some allergic reactions to Naltrexone HCl (Naltima) like skin hives, breathing difficulty, swelling in face, lips, tongue, or throat. Some other serious side effects of this medication are blurred vision or other vision problems; increased heart rate; mood and behavior changes; hallucinations; confusion; self hurting thoughts; ear pain or ringing in ears; rash or itching in skin; breathing difficulty, wheezing. Stop using Naltrexone HCl and call your doctor immediately for help. Some less serious and more common side effects are weakness, tiredness, insomnia, anxiety, nervousness, restless, irritability, muscle or joint pain, decreased libido, impotence, or difficulty in having an orgasm.
These are not all inclusive side effects which you may experience due Naltrexone HCl usage. There may be other side effects. Discuss about the side effects with your doctor.
Common drug interactions:
Naltrexone HCl medication (Naltima) can interact with other narcotic drugs greatly, especially narcotic pain killers and nullify their effect if you use them while taking Naltrexone HCl medication. Let your doctor know if you use any medications in advance, especially: Butorphanol, Hydrocodone, Codeine, Buprenorphine; Oxymorphone; Propoxyphene; Meperidine; Naloxone; Dezocine; Oxycodone; Methadone; Nalmefene; Or Morphine.
Things to remember:
- Drinking alcohol while on a Naltraxone HCl treatment may result in nausea, fast heartbeats, flushing, thirst, chest pain, vertigo, or low blood pressure.
- Avoid taking Naltraxone HCl for at least 12 hours after consuming alcohol. Even after you have stopped taking Naltraxone HCl for several weeks, you may still see its effects if you drink alcohol.
- It may be recommended that Naltrexone HCl be given to you by someone in your family or other caretaker. The reason is to ensure that you are taking anti-addiction medicine properly as prescribed.Naltrexone HCl can lead to side effects that may affect your thinking and reflexes capacity. Be extra careful and alert if you do an activity like driving which requires a high degree of mental awareness.
- Try to carry an ID card or some kind of badge which displays that you are using Naltrexone HCl. This will be very important in case of an emergency. Any healthcare provider who treats you must know in advance that you are using this medication.