About Ridsunate 100 Mg
Ridsunate tablet is an antimalarial medicine used to treat malaria. It eliminates the infection-causing parasite and stops the infection from rising further.
Ridsunate 100 Mg: Uses
- Ridsunate pills are prescribed to treat parasite infections. It is used to cure malaria.
How does this medication work?
Ridsunate 100 mg contains amino compounds that are bound to malaria-causing parasites in the human body. These compounds weakened and eventually killed the parasites. However, the drug only works on a specific level of sickness.
This medication has helped treat malaria all around the world. Doctors always recommend that patients begin using this medication early on, while the condition is not severe.
It may not work if you have a severe case of the disease. If the doctor believes it is suitable, he may increase the dosage.
Directions for use: Artesunate 100
- This medication is available in both oral and injection forms, and the patient will be prescribed the more effective method for his treatment.
- Take this medication all at once exactly as directed by your doctor. It shouldn’t be chewed, crushed, or broken. Artesunate 100 pills should be taken with food.
- If the patient is unable to take the drug orally, it may be given via injection. To prepare the injection, mix 12 ml of sterile pH 8.0 sodium phosphate buffer with the artesunate. You can administer 11 ml of Artesunate in that injection. Before injecting, spin the injection, but do not shake it.
Dosage for Kids
The dose of an artesunate injection varies by age group. In children, a 2.4 mg/kg IV dose can be given at 0, 12, and 24 hours. Take one to two minutes to slowly inject the drug.
Dosage for adults
For adults, the amount is the same. 2.4 mg/kg IV can be given at 0, 12, and 24 hours. The dose of the injection can be adjusted depending on the stage of malaria. However, you should visit your doctor and follow his recommendations.
What happens if you miss the artesunate 100 tablets?
If you miss a dose of artesunate 100 tablets, take it as soon as you recall. Don’t increase or double the dosage.
Common side effects of this medicine
Some of the common adverse effects that appear in most patients are:
- Increased transaminase
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings
- If you are allergic to Ridsunate tablet, please notify your doctor.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if you feel sleepy after taking it.
- Ridsunate 100 mg pills should be taken with high-fat foods or beverages, such as milk.
- Even if you feel better, don’t miss any doses and finish the entire course of treatment.
- It can cause dizziness and drowsiness. When performing any work with focus, proceed with caution.
- If you are in your first three months of pregnancy, you should not use this drug. If you are breastfeeding, please notify your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you have flu-like symptoms such as chills, fever, muscle pains, or changes in your heart rate.
- While taking this drug, you may be requested to undergo a blood test once a week.
The ideal temperature for storing the drug is 25–30 degrees Celsius.
How do you prepare Artesunate 100 mg injections?
Combine 2 ml of sodium bicarbonate solvent with the artesunate powder. Shake the solution before injecting it. Then, transfer the combined solution to your syringe and use it.
How long should an artesunate be taken?
The frequency and intensity of repetition can differ from person to person. Typically, the patient will receive an artesunate injection every 8 to 12 hours. And the treatment course lasts around 7 days.
Is the Ridsunate tablet safe to take?
Ridsunate 100 mg pills are safe when used at the authorized dosage and period. Take it precisely as prescribed, and do not skip a single dosage.