About Vintor 6000IU Injection
Vintor 6000IU Injection belongs to the group of hormones used in the treatment of chronic anaemia and anaemic states seen in kidney disease, cancers, patients on chemotherapy, bone marrow disorders and in those due to undergo major bone surgery. Anaemia refers to low blood counts due to a deficiency of blood component haemoglobin, resulting in a reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood.
Vintor 6000IU Injection contains Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Alfa that works by stimulating the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells, thereby correcting any low blood counts and anaemia.
In some cases, Vintor 6000IU Injection may cause certain common side effects such as vomiting, diarrhoea, fever, and nasal congestion. Most of these side effects do not require medical attention and will resolve gradually over time. However, you are advised to talk to your doctor if you experience these side effects consistently.
Please inform the doctor of your detailed medical history including hypertension, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, cancer, liver disease, thromboembolism, porphyria and/or pure red cell aplasia (where the bone marrow cannot produce enough RBC’s). Consult your doctor before taking Vintor 6000IU Injection during pregnancy and nursing.
Uses Of Vintor 6000IU Injection
Vintor 6000IU Injection is a blood hormone. It contains Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Alfa used to treat anaemia caused by chronic diseases and anaemia related to kidney disease, cancers, bone marrow disorders, chemotherapy, children and adults on dialysis, and in those due to undergo major bone surgery. Vintor 6000IU Injection stimulates the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells. In addition, it also corrects any dysregulated erythropoiesis (RBC formation) and remedies the formation of any defunct precursors of RBC’s, paving the way for healthy red blood cell production. Clinically, Vintor 6000IU Injection causes a direct increase in haemoglobin values and reduces the rates and requirement of blood transfusion.
Directions For Use
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
Side Effects Of Vintor 6000IU Injection
- Stomach upset
- Nasal congestion
Precautions And Warning
Inform the doctor in case of an allergy to any of its components. Proceed with caution in case of a latex allergy. Please inform the doctor of your detailed medical history including hypertension, heart disease, myocardial infarction, stroke, epilepsy, head and neck cancers, liver disease, thromboembolism, porphyria and/or pure red cell aplasia (where the bone marrow cannot produce enough RBC’s). Inform your doctor of any medicines you may be taking especially if you are on any immunosuppressants, blood thinners or blood stimulants. Please consult your doctor before taking Vintor 6000IU Injection during pregnancy and nursing.
Drug Interaction: Vintor 6000IU Injection may interact with blood thinners (warfarin, Coumarin), immunosuppressants (cyclosporine), anti-cancer (belzutifan, carfilzomib, lenalidomide, thalidomide, pomalidomide), antihypertensives (lisinopril, perindopril, ramipril) and hormones (conestat alfa, C1 esterase inhibitor).
Food Interaction: No interactions found.
Disease Interaction: Inform your doctor if you have hypersensitivity disorder, thromboembolism and red cell aplasia.
There is not enough literature to explain the effects of alcohol. Consult your doctor if you have any concerns.
There is not enough literature to explain the effects of Vintor 6000IU Injection on pregnancy. Vintor 6000IU Injection may be used in pregnancy but it is important to consult your doctor.
There is not enough literature to explain the effects of Vintor 6000IU Injection on breastfeeding mothers. Vintor 6000IU Injection may be used in breastfeeding but it is important to consult your doctor.
There is not enough literature to explain the effects of Vintor 6000IU Injection on driving. Do not drive if you experience any side-effects that alter your thinking ability or concentration.
Exercise caution before using Vintor 6000IU Injection in case of liver disease. Consult your doctor if you have any concerns.
Exercise caution before using Vintor 6000IU Injection in case of kidney disease. Consult your doctor if you have any concerns.
Vintor 6000IU Injection can be used in children in prescribed paediatric doses.
Diet & Lifestyle Advise
- As nausea and vomiting may occur with the use of Vintor 6000IU Injection, make sure to take it on light, small meals.
- Load up on red fruits and vegetables like apples, pomegranate, dry fruits, beans and nuts to promote blood production.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol as these can precipitate bleeding.
- Take care of your mental health. Stress is a huge factor that can cause excessive bleeding. Make sure you meditate in the morning daily.
- Yoga has also proven very effective in preventing excessive blood loss. The butterfly pose is one of the best poses for treating heavy periods.
- Make sure you drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated. Fluid intake helps flush out toxins.
- Vintor 6000IU Injection should never be given intramuscularly.
- Do not self-inject before proper training.
- Exercise caution in case of a history of allergic disorders or a known allergy to latex, or any of the components of Vintor 6000IU Injection.
- Please inform the doctor immediately if you notice any anaphylaxis (allergy, skin changes, difficulty in breathing, anxiety, confusion, dizziness etc) post-injection.
- Your doctor may advise blood tests regularly to check your need and tolerance of Vintor 6000IU Injection.