ALLERCET M contain Cetirizine which belongs to a group of medicine called antihistamines. It is used to relieve the symptoms of hay fever (seasonal rhinitis) such as sneezing, itchy, red and watering eyes, irritated, runny or blocked nose in adults and children over the age of 2 years and also used to relieve the symptoms of other allergies such as runny and itchy nose (non-seasonal rhinitis), skin allergies such as rash, itching and urticaria (hives), pet or house mite allergies in adult and older children (over the age of 6 years).
ALLERCET M works by blocking the effects of histamine, which may be overproduced in allergic reactions which causes unpleasant symptoms such as itchy or watery eyes, running or blocked nose, sneezing and skin rashes. This medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children under 2 years. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF ALLERCET M
- Relieve the symptoms of hay fever, non-seasonal rhinitis, skin allergies such as rash, itching and urticaria (hives), pet or house mite allergies
HOW ALLERCET M WORKS
ALLERCET M works by blocking the effects of histamine, which may be overproduced in allergic reactions which causes unpleasant symptoms such as itchy or watery eyes, running or blocked nose, sneezing and skin rashes.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always use ALLERCET M exactly as your doctor has told you. Check the label for directions before use. Shake well before use.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ALLERCET M
- Allergic reaction including severe reaction and angioedema (serious allergic reaction which cause swelling of the face or throat)
- Somnolence (sleepiness)
- Diarrhoea, nausea, dry mouth
- Pharyngitis, rhinitis (in children)
- Dizziness, headache
- Liver function abnormal
- Oedema (swelling)
- Depression, hallucination, aggression, confusion, insomnia
- Urticaria (hives)
- Increase in weight
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Drink lot of fluid such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines without talking to a doctor.
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
ALLERCET M is considered safe for use by pregnant women. It is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
ALLERCET M is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how it affect you.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with ALLERCET M.
ALLERCET M is not recommended in patients with active kidney diseases. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take ALLERCET M if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine or any other ingredients in this medicine.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Have problem passing urine (like spinal cord problems or prostate or bladder problem)
- Suffer from epilepsy or are at risk of convulsion
- Have hereditary intolerance to some sugars
- Are due to have an allergy test, as this medicine may affect your allergy test results
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Theophylline (used for some heart conditions or breathing disorders like asthma or bronchitis)
- Central nervous system depressants such as barbiturates (used as sedatives or anaesthetics)
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.