Zoldonat 4mg contain zoledronic acid which belongs to a group of medicine called bisphosphonates. It is used to prevent bone complications such as fractures, bone metastases in adult patients and helps in reducing the amount of calcium in the blood in a condition called tumour-induced hypercalcaemia (TIH) in adult patients. Tumour can accelerate normal bone change in such a way that the release of calcium from bone is increased.
ZOLDONA works by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause destruction of bone. This strengthens the bone and minimize the risk of fracture. This medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years of age. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF ZOLDONA
- Prevent bone complications (e.g., fractures, in adult patients with bone metastases (spread of cancer from primary site to the bone))
- Reduce the amount of calcium in tumour-induced hypercalcaemia (TIH) in adult patients
HOW ZOLDONA WORKS
ZOLDONA works by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause destruction of bone. This strengthens the bone and minimize the risk of fracture.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
ZOLDONA will be administered by a doctor or nurse. It will be given as a drip (infusion) into a vein. Your doctor will decide the dose and frequency depending on your condition.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ZOLDONA
- Severe kidney impairment
- Low level of calcium in the blood
- Low level of phosphate in the blood
- Flu-like syndrome such as fever, fatigue, weakness, drowsiness, chills, and bone, joint and/or muscle ache
- Gastrointestinal reaction such as nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite
- Low level of red blood cells (anaemia)
- Slow heartbeat
- Unusual fracture of the thigh bone
- Discomfort in your thigh, hip
- Interstitial lung disease (inflammation of the tissue around the air sacks of the lungs)
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Drink plenty of fluids and water. Avoid taking cold bath or showers.
Nausea and vomiting:
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
ZOLDONA is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
ZOLDONA is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any machine while taking this medicine as it may cause drowsiness, sleepiness.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with ZOLDONA.
ZOLDONA should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take ZOLDONA if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to zoledronic acid or any other ingredients in this medicine.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Pain, swelling or numbness of the jaw, a feeling of heaviness in the jaw or loosening of a tooth
- Dental treatment or are due to undergo dental surgery
- Irregular heartbeat (cardiac arrhythmia), seizures, spasm and twitching (tetany) (secondary to severe hypocalcaemia)
- Patients aged 65 years and over
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Aminoglycosides (used to treat severe infections)
- Thalidomide (used to treat a certain type of blood cancer involving the bone)
- Anti-angiogenic medicines (used to treat cancer)
|Pharmacological Category||:||Bisphosphonate Derivative|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Bone complications|
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
FAQs ABOUT ZOLDONA
Can I take ZOLDONA during pregnancy?
No, it is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your Doctor.
Can I take ZOLDONA during breastfeeding?
No, it is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your Doctor.
Can ZOLDONA cause headache?
Yes, this medicine may cause headache in some individuals. Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
There are no reviews yet.