About Susten 200 mg Injection
Progesterone is a medication that is categorized as a steroid hormone and is present in Susten 200 mg injection.In people who have a history of losses due to luteal phase defects—irregular menstrual cycles brought on by low progesterone levels in the latter stages of the cycle—it is used to preserve early pregnancy.
Uses of Susten 200 mg Injection
It is used:
- To keep patients who have experienced repeated miscarriages from becoming pregnant.
- In order to help the fertilized egg implant successfully in the uterus as a supplement to infertility treatments like in vitro fertilization (IVF) or gamete intra-fallopian transfer (GIFT), and to stop threatened abortions.
- to address abnormal bleeding in the uterus
- To identify infertile women’s secondary amenorrhea (irregular or absent menstrual cycles) and its endocrine causes.
Working of Susten 200 mg Injection
A steroid hormone called Inj Susten 200 mg is used to treat the body’s lack of progesterone. It provides your body with the necessary amounts of progesterone supplements needed for an early pregnancy to be maintained and for a fertilized egg to be successfully implanted in the uterus. By thickening the uterine wall, it keeps pregnant infertile women and those who are threatened or have had multiple abortions. It also fixes irregular uterine bleeding and maintains the body’s hormonal equilibrium.
Directions to Use
You will only be administered Progesterone 200 mg Injection through the muscle (by a physician or nurse). Your doctor will choose the appropriate dosage and length of treatment based on your age, weight, and illness state.
The injection most commonly causes discomfort, redness, itching, irritation, or swelling at the injection site; other adverse effects include vaginal bleeding, headache, bloating, nausea, hair loss, abnormal hair growth in the body, facial skin darkening, or trouble falling asleep. If you experience any of these side effects, speak with your physician. If your body weight changes or you start feeling down while taking SUSTEN 200MG INJECTION, get in touch with your doctor right away.
Before receiving Susten 200 mg Injection, it is important to inform your doctor about any medications you are currently taking, as they may interact with the Injection. Some medications that may interact with the injection include:
- Drugs such as phenytoin, phenobarbital, and carbamazepine that are used to treat epilepsy.
- Bromocriptine, a medication used for stopping breast milk secretion, infertility, or Parkinson’s disease.
- Rifampicin, an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections.
- Medications used to treat fungal infections, like griseofulvin and ketoconazole.
- St. John’s wort, an herbal supplement used to treat depression.
Store this medication in an airtight container at room temperature and away from heat, moisture, and sunlight.
What conditions is Susten 200 mg Injection used for?
Common uses for Susten 200 mg Injection include hormone replacement therapy for progesterone-deficient women, pregnancy support for women receiving assisted reproductive technologies, and treatment for specific cancers, including endometrial and breast cancer.
Can Susten 200 mg Injection be used during pregnancy?
Susten 200 mg Injection is commonly used during pregnancy to support the development of the fetus and prevent miscarriage. However, it should only be used under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional.
Can Susten 200 mg Injection be used while breastfeeding?
Susten 200 mg Injection is generally considered safe to use while breastfeeding, as progesterone is naturally produced in the body during this time. However, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional before using this medication while breastfeeding.