About Syncapone 150mg Tablet
Syncapone 150mg Tablet is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. This medicine helps to reduce excessive shaking by slowing down the body movements. It works by increasing the amount of chemical messenger that is needed to control abnormal movements.
Syncapone 150mg Tablet is taken with or without food, but better to avoid high protein meal and dairy products. However, it is advised to take it at the same time each day as this helps to maintain a consistent level of medicine in the body. Take this medicine in the dose and duration advised by your doctor and if you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. You should never skip any doses and try to finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. It is important that this medication is not stopped suddenly without talking to the doctor as it can result in harmful effects.
This medicine may cause side effects like nausea, vomiting, constipation, discoloration of urine, and dryness in the mouth. It causes a sudden onset of dizziness and sleepiness, so do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you. It is common to have diarrhea with this medicine, so drink plenty of fluids and watch for weight loss.
Take caution while taking medicine if you are suffering from liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should also know about all other medicines you are taking as many of these may make this medicine less effective or change the way it works. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Uses of Syncapone 150mg
Benefits of Syncapone 150mg
In Parkinson’s disease
Syncapone 150mg Tablet is a medicine that helps relieve symptoms of Parkinson’s disease such as tremors, muscle stiffness and difficulty moving. It increases the amount of a chemical called dopamine in the brain which helps in coordination of body movements. This medicine can therefore enhance the quality of life by improving the ability to carry out daily functions in a better manner.
Side Effects Of Syncapone 150mg Tablet
Common Side Effects
- Uncontrolled movements
- Nausea and vomiting
- Reddish-brown discoloured urine
- Muscle pain and cramps
- Light-headedness or fainting due to changes in blood pressure
- Dizziness, drowsiness and tiredness
- Abdominal pain and discomfort, heartburn, dry mouth, constipation
- Inability to sleep, abnormal dreams (including nightmares)
- Mental confusion and seeing or feeling imaginary things
- Memory problems, anxiety and depression (possibly suicidal thoughts)
- Chest pain, irregular heart rate or rhythm
- More frequent falling
- Pallor skin and shortness of breath
- Increased sweating and skin rashes
- Swelling of legs
- Blurred vision
- Weight loss
- Headache, joint pain
- Pelvic pain, increased urge to urinate, irritation while urinating and blood in the urine
Uncommon Side Effects
- Tightness or pain in the chest, which spreads to the neck, back or arms
- Black or tarry stool, blood in vomit and abdominal cramps (signs of gut bleeding)
- Changes in the blood cell count which may result in bleeding,
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Agitation, disorganised behaviour, restlessness
- Discolored skin, nails, hair and sweat other than urine
- Swallowing difficulties
- Inability to urinate
Rare Side Effects
- Yellowing of skin or eyes, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, fever. dark urine, light-colored stools