Information about Dexorange Syrup
Anemia is characterized by a decreased number of red blood cells, which are responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body. It can lead to serious implications on the health right from impairment in cognitive development to a decreased productivity in adults and children.
It contains iron (in the form of ferric ammonium citrate), cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12), and folic acid (Vitamin B9) as the main ingredients. In addition to the treatment of anemia, this syrup is also used to prevent and treat nutritional deficiencies of iron, Vitamin B12, and folic acid. It is also used to treat lack of appetite, general weakness (fatigue) and to restore iron levels post-surgery. In children, it is used to treat malabsorption as well.
This syrup is generally safe with little or no side effects. If you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction. Apart from taking this medicine, learn about the food sources of vitamin B-complex (namely, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B9) along with iron to get enough of these nutrients through diet.
- Iron (Ferric Ammonium Citrate): 160 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin): 7.5 mcg
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid):0.5 mg
- Alcohol (95%): 0.87 ml
Key uses of Dexorange Syrup:
- Used in the treatment of dimorphic anemia (a condition in which anemia is caused due to two deficiencies, one is iron and the other is nutritional macrocytic anemia such as folic acid and/or Vitamin B12)
- Beneficial in the treatment of lack of appetite
- Useful in the prevention and treatment of general weakness, rundown conditions, and convalescence
- Helpful in post-surgery conditions to restore the iron levels in the body and loss of blood caused during surgery
- Useful to maintain iron, folic acid, and Vitamin B12 levels in the body especially during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Helpful in the treatment and prevention of malabsorption, particularly in children
Direction for use:
For adults: It is recommended to take one tablespoon of this syrup twice a day to improve your iron levels in the body. Ideally, you should consume this syrup after meals to attain maximum benefit.
For children: It is advised to take this syrup as directed by the physician since for kids as the dosage is dependent on the type and severity of the condition.
Quick tips for Dexorange Syrup:
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from any pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, kidney, or liver problem.
- It is wise to inform your doctor beforehand if you are taking any other medications, supplements, or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- In case you miss a dose of the syrup, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- Do not consume more than the stated recommended daily dose of Dexorange Syrup as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
- Avoid taking this syrup along with tea or coffee as it may interfere with the absorption of iron.
- Include foods rich in Vitamin C such as orange juice, lemon water, etc, in your diet as it helps in the absorption of iron.
- Do not consider supplements as a replacement for your diet. Eat a healthy diet rich in all the essential nutrients to lead a healthy life.
Side-effects of Dexorange Syrup:
When taken as advised by your doctor, it does not cause any side effects. However, an overdose of Dexorange Syrup may cause iron overload (as the syrup contains iron). This may manifest as vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. It is best to follow the dose and duration recommended by your doctor, to avoid side effects.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Key benefits of Dexorange Syrup:
- Iron plays a key role in improving blood circulation and oxygen saturation in the body. It also helps to preserve various key functions of the body such as maintaining your energy levels, improving your gastrointestinal functions, boosting your immune response and regulating your body temperature.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) is a water-soluble B-complex vitamin that is naturally available in food as folate and folic acid. This vitamin acts as a coenzyme in the synthesis of nucleic acid (DNA) and red blood cells. It is responsible for oxygen supply and also overall growth and development.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) strengthens our nervous system and is an important part of DNA synthesis and maturation. It helps in converting homocysteine to methionine which plays an essential role in protecting the heart. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can lead to megaloblastic anemia and some neurological problems.
There are no reviews yet.