About the drug:
Salbutamol is a drug that is used to get relief from broncho-spasm that is linked with conditions such as asthma and other pulmonary diseases. Salbutamol is sold in the market under various brand names. It is available in the form of extended release tablets and inhaled route drugs such as metered dose respules, rotahalers, autohalers and nebulizers etc. The medicine is used to prevent broncho-spasm induced wheezing.
Uses of the drug:
This medication provides relief by relieving the troubles like cough, cold, wheezing and shortness of breath. The medicine is available only on the prescription of doctor.
Working of the drug:
The drug works by acting on the receptors in the lungs called β-2 receptors. Salbutamol acts on the receptors and stimulates them, as a result of which the muscles of the air passage relax. This leads to easy passage of air and opens the airway.
Asthalin respules 200 mcg is manufactured by cipla, a leading indian pharmaceutical company. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. You can easily buy asthalin online from 24x7pharma.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of respules under the following strengths:
• Asthalin respules
To buy asthalin respule online, visit 24x7pharma.com.
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
• Are allergic to this active ingredient salbutamol or any other ingredient of the drug.
• Are under 4 years of age, consult your doctor for the safety and efficacy.
• Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
• Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk
• Tell your doctor if you:
• Have high blood pressure
• Have a history of epilepsy
• Have a diabetes history
• Have heart rhythm problems (arrhythmia)
How much to take the drug?
The dose intake is prescribed by the doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions.
How to take the drug?
Do not swallow respules. The drug is present in an ampoule in liquid form. The drug is forced out from the ampoule and is inserted into a nebulizer. Always clean the nebulizer before its use. Drug filled nebulizer is then attached to the air pump. Through air pump, the drug is inhaled by the patient. In case of any confusion read the instructions carefully written on the leaflet that comes with the medication/nebulizer. Always remember the date when you open the ampule and consume them within the time span of two weeks. After use, completely clean the used nebulizer, mouthpiece and mask. Rinse your mouth after each inhalation, in order to avoid any infection.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking the drug or change the dose without consulting with your doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the doctor.
If overdose, talk to doctors or poisons information center for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
If you forget the dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is too late then do not worry. Leave the dose. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine has some side effects. Some of the common side-effects are:
• Dry or irritated throat or mouth
• Rounded face
• Tongue irritation
• Loss of bone density
• Slowing of growth in children
• Abnormal sense of taste
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Your doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking this drug. The drugs that interact with salbutamol:
• Doxepin etc.
Things to remember:
• Don’t use the expired drugs
• The patient must get full information about the use of the respule so that the drug reaches the target area
• Young children may need help
• Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
• Clean your respule at least once in a week
• This drug is for long term management of asthma, so it is not used in an acute asthma attack