INTRODUCTION TO AVIGLIP MF
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is a combination of Glipizide, and Metformin which belongs to the group of medicines called Antidiabetic agents. It is used in adults to treat type II diabetes mellitus when diet, exercise, and treatment with single agents does not result in adequate sugar control.
Type II diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease characterized by abnormally high levels of glucose in the blood. It is caused due to inadequate production of a hormone called insulin (produced by pancreas to metabolize glucose) in the body or due to inadequate sensitivity of body cells to the actions of insulin.
Before taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET, inform You’re doctor if you have any liver, kidney or heart problems. You must also inform You’re doctor if you have any hormonal imbalance, alcoholism, or if you are malnourished, starved, on an irregular diet as a precaution.
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is strictly not recommended for use in patients with type I diabetes mellitus, severe heart failure or lactic acidosis. It is also not suitable for use in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Along with the treatment, follow the diet, and lifestyle changes advised by You’re doctor to achieve better results. Avoid smoking, and consumption of alcohol while taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET as it may aggravate You’re existing condition.
The most common side effects of taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET are low blood sugar levels, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset, and changes in taste. Consult You’re doctor if any of these side effect worsens.
USES OF AVIGLIP MF
- Treats Type II diabetes mellitus
HOW AVIGLIP MF WORKS?
AVIGLIP MF TABLET stimulates the pancreas to secrete more insulin (a hormone involved in glucose metabolism). It also makes our body more sensitive to insulin which helps in digesting the circulating sugars (glucose) in the blood, thereby reducing blood sugar levels. Additionally, it can also reduce the amount of glucose produced by the liver, and reduces its absorption in the body.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take AVIGLIP MF TABLET preferably 30 minutes before meals or as advised by You’re physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
You’re doctor will decide the correct dose, and duration of therapy for you depending upon You’re age, body weight, and disease condition.
Do not stop taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET unless You’re doctor advice you to stop.
SIDE EFFECTS OF AVIGLIP MF
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF AVIGLIP MF
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite
- Changes in taste, metallic taste
UNCOMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF AVIGLIP MF
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Feeling shaky
- Blurred vision
- Eczema (skin inflammation)
RARE SIDE EFFECTS OF AVIGLIP MF
Stop taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET, and contact You’re doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Severe allergic reaction (such as skin rash, swelling of the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, or throat which causes difficulty in breathing or swallowing)
- Signs of severe decrease in blood sugar level (such as confusion, headache, excessive sweating, clammy skin, trembling, weakness, double vision, excessive hunger, nausea, vomiting, problems in sleeping, feeling agitated, unable to concentrate, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, slowed reactions, depression, trouble seeing or speaking, paralysis, numbness, dizziness, hallucinations, difficulty in breathing, slowed or faster heartbeat with chest pain)
- Signs of liver problems (such as nausea or vomiting, stomach pain, unusual or unexplained tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes)
- Signs of lactic acidosis (cold hands or feet, dizziness or light-headedness, slow or irregular heartbeat, weakness or tiredness, unusual muscle pain, trouble breathing, sleepiness or drowsiness, stomach pains, nausea or vomiting)
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Have foods rich in sugars such as fruit juices, glucose drinks, candies, honey or biscuits. Check You’re blood sugar after 10 minutes. If not gained optimum level, take another sugary snack, or a drink, and check the blood sugar again. Consult You’re doctor if there is no improvement in You’re condition.
Hydrate you’re self by drinking plenty of fluids, such as water or fruit juices. Consuming ORS can also be beneficial. Do not self-treat diarrhea on You’re own. Consult You’re doctor if You’re diarrhea becomes uncontrollable.
Take AVIGLIP MF TABLET with or just after meals. Stick to simple meals. Avoid eating oily or spicy foods. Consult You’re doctor if You’re nausea worsens.
Rest, and relax. Keep you’re self hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids such as water or electrolytes. Applying a pain-relieving balm on You’re forehead can be beneficial. Do not consume excessive alcohol, as it could aggravate You’re headache. Consult You’re doctor if You’re headache worsens.
Try to rest, and relax. Get enough sleep. Avoid driving or operating any tools or machines completely while you are feeling dizzy. Do not consume excessive alcohol. Consult You’re doctor if You’re dizziness worsens.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women. Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any heavy tools or machines if You’re ability is affected by AVIGLIP MF TABLET.
Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET as it may increase the risk of unwanted side effects.
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use in patients with severe kidney problems. It should be used with caution in patients with other kidney problems. Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use in patients with severe liver problems. It should be used with caution in patients with other liver problems. Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
Do not take AVIGLIP MF TABLET if you are allergic to Glipizide, Metformin or to any other sulfonylureas (Ex. glyburide, glimepiride) or sulphonamides (Ex. sulfasalazine).
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use in patients with breathing problems (such as asthma or COPD) or lung infections. Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use in patients with severe heart problems (such as heart failure). It should be used with caution in patients with other heart problems. Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use if you:
- Have type I diabetes mellitus (insulin dependent diabetes)
- Have lactic acidosis (build-up of lactic acid in the body)
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis (a diabetic complication causing episodes of fatigue, nausea, frequent urination, and muscular stiffness)
- Have uncontrollable diabetes
- Are an alcoholic
- Are severely dehydrated (due to recent diarrhea or vomiting)
- Have any serious infection
- Have shock or problems in blood circulation
Before taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET, inform You’re doctor if you:
- Have G6PD deficiency
- Are on fating or malnourished, starved, on an irregular diet, or feeling weak
- Perform extreme physical exercises without proper carbohydrate intake
- Have hormonal problems (Ex. disorders of pituitary gland, adrenal cortex or thyroid gland)
- Are scheduled for any X-rays or a major surgery
Use in pediatrics:
AVIGLIP MF TABLET is not recommended for use in children, and in adolescents (aged below 18 years). Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
Use in geriatrics:
AVIGLIP MF TABLET should be used with caution in elderly patients (aged above 65 years). Therefore, consult You’re doctor before taking it.
A. Drug-Drug Interactions:
Before taking AVIGLIP MF TABLET, inform You’re doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Other medicines used to treat diabetes (Ex. teneligliptin, rosiglitazone, pioglitazone, glimepiride)
- Diuretics (used to reduce edema, and to treat hypertension) Ex. furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines used to treat pain, and inflammation (such as ibuprofen, and celecoxib)
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure (such as atenolol, propranolol, captopril, enalapril, ramipril, lisinopril, losartan, valsartan, olmesartan, telmisartan)
- Medicines used to treat asthma (Ex. salbutamol or terbutaline)
- Corticosteroids (used to treat pain, and inflammation) Ex. hydrocortisone, prednisolone
- Verapamil (a medicine used to treat heart problems)
- Rifampicin (a medicine used to treat tuberculosis)
- Cimetidine (a medicine used to treat stomach ulcer)
- Dolutegravir (a medicine used to treat HIV infection)
- Ranolazine (a medicine used to treat chest pain)
- Trimethoprim (a medicine used to treat bacterial infection)
- Vandetanib, crizotinib, and olaparib (medicines used to treat cancer)
- Antifungal medicines (used to treat fungal infections) such as miconazole, isavuconazole or fluconazole
- Antibiotics (used to treat bacterial infections) such as fluoroquinolones(Ex. ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin), clarithromycin, co-trimoxazole, rifampicin, chloramphenicol, tetracyclines or sulphonamides (Ex. sulfasalazine)
- Medicines used to treat stomach ulcers such as ranitidine, famotidine, cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat depression (such as moclobemide, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, and tranylcypromine)
- Medicines used for pain relief (Ex. aspirin, phenylbutazone, ibuprofen, phenylbutazone, azapropazone)
- Medicines to treat mental illness (such as chlorpromazine, prochlorperazine, lithium)
- Danazol (a medicine used to treat breast disorders, heavy menstrual bleeding, and endometriosis)
- Medicines used for blood thinning (Ex. warfarin)
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills) Ex. drospirenone, ethinylestradiol
- Sulfinpyrazone, probenecid (medicines used to treat gout)
- Thyroid hormones such as thyroxine (used to treat thyroid deficiency)
- Phenytoin (a medicine used to treat epilepsy)
- Clofibrate, nicotinic acid (medicines used to treat high blood cholesterol levels)
- Isoniazid (a medicine used to treat tuberculosis)
If you or anyone else accidentally took more AVIGLIP MF TABLET, you may experience the signs of hypoglycemia (such as increased hunger, sweating, headache, feeling clammy, restless or aggressive, shakiness, fast heartbeat, and confusion). To manage this, consume any sugary food immediately. If the symptom did not improve or worsens contact You’re doctor immediately. Other symptoms of over dosage might include vomiting, stomach pain with muscle cramps, feeling generally unwell with severe tiredness, and difficulty in breathing.
- Keep AVIGLIP MF TABLET out of reach of children
- Store AVIGLIP MF TABLET at room temperature
There are no reviews yet.