About Cefadur 250 mg
Cefadur 250 mg Tablet is an oral antibiotic medicine, it has Cefadroxil as an active ingredient which is semisynthetic penicillin derivative and used in treating various bacterial infections. Each Cefadur tablet contains 250 mg of Cefadroxil.
Uses of cefadroxil 250 mg :
Cefadur 250mg Tablet is indicated for the treatment of a broad spectrum of bacterial infections, includes:
Lower and upper respiratory tract infections
Bone and joint infections
Skin and soft tissue infections
Urinary tract infection
Working of Cefadroxil 250mg :
Cefadroxil works by binding to penicillin-binding proteins, which are present in the bacterial cell wall, thus prohibiting the synthesis of peptidoglycan, it is a vital component of the bacterial cell wall. As a result of this action the bacterial cell wall becomes weak and leads to cell death and elimination of the infective.
Dosage and Administration
Adults and adolescents aged around 12 years and above should take 500mg to 1g of Cefadur Tablet three times a day, spaced evenly apart. For children weighing less than 45 kg, the dosage should be adjusted according to their age and severity of symptoms.
Some common side effects associated with the use of Cefadur Tablet include::
- Abdominal pain
- Skin Rash
It is important to seek prompt medical advice if you experience any serious side effects or sudden change in your body after use of this medication .
Precautionary Steps for cefadur 250 uses:
- It is advisable to consult with your healthcare professional before using any new medicated product into your routine especially when you are using other medicines, herbals and supplements.
- Always follow the prescribed dose and consult with your health care professional before stopping the use of this syrup.
- Individual’s having known allergies with cefadur 250 or any other component of cefadroxil should avoid the use of this medication.
Safety checklist for Cefadroxil 250mg uses :
- Pregnancy and Lactation: If you are pregnant or a breast-feeding mother, inform your healthcare professional before using this medication because it may interact with other medications and cause side effects so, careful consideration may be required.
- Driving consideration : Cefadur can unlikely affect your ability to drive if you experience nausea or vomiting, careful consideration may be required while driving or operating heavy machines.
- Alcohol: Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult with your healthcare professional before consumption.
FAQS about Cefadroxil 250mg :
What is the duration of treatment with Cefadroxil 250mg ?
The duration of treatment may vary from person to person because it depends on the severity of symptoms, but it is mostly used for a few weeks. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and application instructions for the effectiveness of the treatment.
what are the active ingredients in cefadur 250mg tablet ?
The active ingredient in Cefadur DT 250mg Tablet is Cefadroxil, which is a first-generation cephalosporin antibiotic used to treat various bacterial infections. Each tablet contains 250mg of Cefadroxil as the active ingredient.
How long does it take for cefadur dt 250mg tablet to start working ?
Cefadur 250mg Tablet starts working within approx 1 hour of administration and the duration of treatment and the time taken for the medicine to show its effect may vary, it depends on the severity of symptoms and patient’s weight and age, and other health factors.